From:
Mirthful Mayhem <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jun 1998 21:32:04 +0100
Hello

Yesterday I wrote about Angel's tummy.  I've been to the vet today but he
has no clue what it could be.  He did a scan and Angel's tummy is full of
fluid.  But my vet doesn't know why.  He said it might be an infection of
the liver or maybe even an abscess.  And that the liver caused fluid to
build up in the abdomen.  So he gave Angel an antibiotic injection and told
me to come back tomorrow.

I asked if he could x-ray Angel but he said he wouldn't be able to see any
more and that a scan is better.  He also said that he wouldn't know whether
any organs were enlarged because he doesn't know how big they are usually.

Does anybody know whether the liver can cause fluid build up in the abdomen?
Or what else can cause it?  Can enlarged organs cause fluid build up?  I
weighed Angel and the fluid or whatever accounts for 200+ grams.  She used
to weigh 750 g and now almost 1 kg.  The weird thing is that Angel doesn't
act sick, she was lively at the vets, especially when he took her
temperature which was normal.

If anybody can give me (and my vet) any advice, I'd be really grateful.

From Ulrike and the 10 fur kids

--
http://homepages.primex.co.uk/~ferret/