From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jun 1998 10:10:58 -0500
Added a new addition to our little family this past weekend......
We got hit with something here.  Lots of mucous and dark green (forest
green) slimy diarrhea or tannish diarrhea to yellow.  Some vomiting.  Seems
to run about 24-48 hours with another few days for recovery.  First 12 hours
they are so sick and look so pitiful.  They stumble when they walk and won't
eat or drink.  They barely lift their bodies when they go to the bathroom,
they are so weak.  Some get dehydrated and some feel a bit warm.

I orally hydrate them and start the Kaopectate and Mylanta right away.  This
seems to help.  I hydrate every 2 hours for about 6 hours and usually by
then they are ready to try some recipe.  I give them Childrens Mylanta or
peach syrup from a can of peaches about 15-30 minutes before feeding recipe
to make sure their tummies are settled.

They all already eat the recipe and they love fruit flavored pedialyte so it
makes my work easier.  That first day is rough though.  Each night I run
around the house checking to make sure everyone is fine.  Many of them come
out during the evening and we mark them off the list but some don't come
into the living room so I 'ferret' them out.  :-)

Everyone seems to be holding their own.  I just have to keep a close eye on
them.

The first day I noticed butterscotch pudding stools.  Then came the mucous
then the deep forest green tacky stools.  Some were very slimey and
watery.  No pungent smell or seedy stools like what we saw with ECE
though.

Ah well, my life was getting a little sedate anyway. ;-)

Guess this virus/bacteria/whatever is being seen in several places.
Please be aware and watchful of your little ones.

Hugs to all.  tle