Date:
Tue, 2 Jun 1998 01:22:17 -0500
Well, yesterday we took the kids to the park.  We have a really nice park
by us, and we take them when it's nice.  (Loki didn't get to go since he
doesn't have his shots yet.) We usually go in the evening so there aren't as
many small children there to overwhelm them.  Yesterday we discovered a big
sandbox in the playground area, and having never introduced them to sand, we
decided to let them check it out.  They weren't really sure of it at first,
but then we discovered some holes and tunnels that kids had dug out earlier,
and oh what fun that was!  Clover loved it, and was digging for hours.  Luna
wasn't as thrilled, but she did her share of digging too.  Mayonnaise, the
stationary one, was content to lay there and watch us from the ferret bag.
Mommy had as much fun as they did. :)  I dug out a bunch of the tunnels and
interconnected them so they'd have a little underground maze.  It was so
cute to watch them, I may have liked the sand more than them!  I love it
when they grab a mound of sand with their front paws and drag it backwards.
It's so cute! :)  We move tomorrow (Tuesday) morning, and right now the
apartment is a huge mess of boxes.  I have a lot of packing to do still
and will be up all night.  I let the kids out to play, and they are just
thrilled with all this chaos.  They've decided to help mommy move too.  I'm
packing the kitchen, and I have all the cooking stuff out on the floor.  I
turn my back for one second, and when I turned around there's the bottle of
vegetable oil making its way across the kitchen via a big white ferret.  It
must have smelled or tasted good, because he was determined to get the
bottle under the couch.  Boy, was he upset when a big box blocked his path!
Ok, so it's unsanitary to have ferret saliva on all my kitchen bottles, but
I got a big kick out of watching him rearrange the kitchen for me.  Chunky
(mayo's nickname) also loves Pop Ices.  You know, those frozen popsickles in
the long plastic tubes you had as a kid?  He will go to any length to get
them.  My SO likes them, and we discovered Chunky's fetish for them one day
when he made a flying leap for the one Eric was eating.  He will even go
dumpster diving and loving lick the empty plastic.  We only give him licks
in moderation of course, but I was curious as to whether anyone else has
ever tried giving these to their ferrets.  Just some thoughts from me!

Kristi and the Mustelid Mob of Mayhem:
        Mayonnaise, Clover, Luna, and new baby Loki
(see the crew at:  http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Park/4093)

Reach me by ICQ. My ICQ# is 194656 or,
* Page me online through my Personal Communication Center:
http://wwp.mirabilis.com/194656 (go there and try it!) or,
* Send me E-mail Express directly to my computer screen

ferrets are like potato chips...you can't have just one!