From:
silver e <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Sep 1998 03:35:53 -0400
Welcome back Lynn. Sure missed the FAIML while you were away.

Moxy is now 18 days post-op.  She had an allergic reaction to the Clavamox
that she was taking, about 4 days after surgery.  We stopped it and she
has been doing well ever since.  Her appetite is amazing and so far has
maintained her weight.  She had her stitches out after 11 days, and then I
put her back in the big cage with her brothers and sisters.  I was worried
about her getting up the ramps.  It is a 3 level Midwest cage.  She is
navigating the ramps with no problems.  She is chasing me around the
apartment and begging for raisins.  She also comes at lightning speed when
I rattle the treat dish.  She can't get up onto the couch on her own, but
I help her up.  She does her duty and gives me kisses and snuggles for
awhile, then gets down from the couch on her down.  She is even starting to
grow her hair back.  I can't help but run my lips over the top of her
head and feel the soft new hair coming in.I really think she finds this
embarrassing, but tolerates it for a short while to humor me.  I guess she
thinks Mom is feeling better now, because she's not crying over her
anymore.  I can finally pick her up without getting all teary.  She is
actually starting to look healthier.

I like to thank everyone who wrote words of encouragement.  Ferret people
are great!  There are not many people around here who understand my passion
for my little zoo.I really think it takes a ferret person to truly
understand another ferret person.  I always said that anyone who loved a
ferret, can't be all bad (big smile ).

You guys are all super. Give all of your ferrets a big hug and lots of
kisses, even if they try to wiggle away.

Sally St. Germain and the 7 "Little Saints."