Date:
Thu, 3 Sep 1998 19:49:02 +0200
Hello!  One of my friends stationed in the military, in Germany with me,
just received orders to move to Fort Hood, Texas.  He's not quite sure
which county or city he'll be living in, only that he'lI be around the Ft
Hood, Texas area.  He only found out a week ago that he's going to be
moving and he will be moving on the 15th of September.  If anyone that has
any information on this location could email me ASAP I would appreciate it.
Part of the process of moving across seas (either direction:) includes
having a health certificate and shots 30 days out.  So, I offered to help
him with the shots, paperwork, and keep him until he's able to fly back but
the concern is whether or not the area is a ferret free zone.  If you could
email me privately I would appreciate it as this is time essential
information and we need to start planning accordingly.  Thanks in advance
for any information you can provide me!

On another note, my husband and myself took in two ferrets that needed a
home about three months ago.  Neither one were spayed or neutered and were
kept in the same cage together.  We all know what this means! :)  Once we
brought them in our home we kept them caged separately and were concerned
with getting them both "fixed", although the female was our main concern.
As we were getting ready to take them to the vet to make sure everything
was well and to get them "taken care of" precious had babies!  Needless to
say we now have five babies and mama and daddy!!!  That was quite an
experience to go through and an experience I never thought I would go
through considering that when you buy most ferrets they are already spayed
or neutered.

It has been a whole lot of responsibility and sooooo much fun!  I love them
all dearly and am way too attached to every single one of them!!!!!  My
husband things I'm crazy to want to keep all of them (5 babies, mama,
mister, on top of our original three; Buster, Jesse, and Rebecca)!!!!  The
babies are now 9 wks old and are the most adorable little monsters.  We are
in the process of getting their shots and determining at what point to get
them "fixed".  I truely know what Troy Lynn meant when she said that she
felt like she's responsible for their lives.  I truely feel this way and
feel like I'm responsible for them even though I didn't breed them.  I
understand why I could never be a breeder and I'm not sure that I could be
a shelter either.  It's not that I don't believe that there are wonderful
homes out there, it's just that I get too attached!!!!!

Anyways... I'm starting to ramble!  Take care... hopefully I'll give
everyone an update soon!  Thanks again for any information that you can
give me for my friend moving to Texas.

Stacey and the babies -
Buster, Jesse, Rebecca, Precious, Mister, and the 5 babies (kits)