From:
Date:
Mon, 10 Aug 1998 06:45:19 -0700
>From:    Edward Lipinski <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Epizootic Catarrhal Enteritis or ECE or Green Slime

Do you purposely try to raise everybodies ire?

ECE is almost assuredly a virus.  Yours is not the only place that has not
had problems either.  We for example haven't been hit and we most assuredly
do not and will not feed your LUMPS.

>From:    "Reet ..." <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Delicate ferrets
>Has it occured to anyone that perhaps the sickness and stuff in our ferrets
>come from plastic-bagging (pun) them from life?

Yes, Bob Church has espoused that.  We see merit in that proposal too though
our ferrets have never been sickly and kibble is the primary diet.

>From:    Anne Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Clarifying Amy's Post
>Just want to clarify that LOS does not sanction shows, nor (I think) does
>GLFA.  Both are clubs, not sanctioning organizations.  Not sure if that was
>what you meant, but wanted to clarify just in case :-)

The current sanctioning bodies that we know of are the AFA, LIFE, the GLFA
and possibly still NAFA though we haven't heard of a NAFA show in a couple
years.  Of the old independant system that is what LIFE started as only the
Baltimore Ferret Club remains now.  Don't have the

From http://www.ferret.org/event_listing.htm

Ferret Fiesta '98
September 19, 1998
Baltimore, MD
Sponsored by: Baltimore Ferret Club
Call: (410) 448-1281

The Greatest Ferret Show on Earth #10 - Championship Ferret Show
October 17, 1998
DuPage County Fairgrounds, Wheaton, IL
Sponsored by: Greater Chicago Ferret Association
Sanctioned by: American Ferret Association, Inc.
Call: (708) 442-8650

Harvest Ferret Expo .'98 Championship Ferret Show
November 7, 1998
Long Island, NY - exact location TBD
Sponsored and Sanctioned by: American Ferret Association, Inc.
Call: 1-888-FERRET-1

Holiday Ferret Expo .'98 Championship Ferret Show
December 5, 1998
New Carrollton Ramada & Expo Center, New Carrollton, MD
Presented & Sanctioned by the American Ferret Association
Call: 1-888-FERRET-1

There are others in the works that are not currently on the web site.

From http://www.kodo.net/GLFA/future1.htm

Ferret Rennaisance '98
Saturday October 24, 1998
Capital Center, Diamondale, MI
GLFA sponsored and sanctioned

The GLFA has so far chosen to strive to be a rival to the AFA and LIFE and
do their own sanctioning.  They have tried to sanction shows outside of
Michigan.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets
http://www.zenferret.com/