From:
Lise O'Brien <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jul 1998 07:56:26 -0700
Good morning!  Well, it'd be a better morning if I was still in bed fast
asleep still with Meisha by my side.  She likes to sleep with me.

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago someone mentioned a ferret meeting or seminar
in S. CA Sept. 27th.  To the person who posted the information: Could you
please send me the info.  via email?  I had intended to pass the information
on to a couple of vets in my area, but, alas, I had deleted that days fml.
I would go into the archives, but I cannot remember the exact day of the
post.

Re: PetSmart...I have found each store is different.  Just as with any
chain.  When I lived in Austin, I frequented a PetSmart on 183 which was
extremely helpful.  Two people spent over 30 minutes helping me pick out the
appropriate flea shampoo.  That particular PetSmart also had great ferret
items, and were adding more to their store.

The PetSmart in Webster (just SE of Houston) couldn't even tie their own
shoes.  That's if they wanted to tie their own shoes.  The employees don't
seem to want to be bothered.  And their "ferret isle" is the size of a small
computer desk.

So, what do I do?  Well, I buy my fert food there because it is the only
store I can find in my area which sells Sheppard and Greene, and I buy other
ferret type items via the internet or wait until I make the trip to Austin
every three to six months.

One day, when I have more free time, I may speak to the store mgr.
regarding adding more fert items to the store and having fert education
days.  (Which may not set well with Family Pets located in the mall across
the street.  hee.  hee.)

Have a great day.

Lise and the "Brady Bunch" (girls: Domi, Meisha, Stacia; boys: Sully,
Nonnie, and Dante)