Date:
Fri, 10 Jul 1998 14:45:15 EDT
Hello everyone,

I just phoned Senator Hayden's office and was told that AB 409 is postponed
once again and that there is no hearing date set.  Unfortunatley this bill
is alive until the end of session, August 31st, but it does have to go back
to the Assembly Policy Committee, Water, Parks and Wildlife, and to the
Assembly floor since it is completely changed from its original language
legalizing the incidental take of endangered species.  If we can kill it
here it would be best so continue to get family to write to the members of
the Senate Natural Resources Committee members if they are in the district.

Another piece of great news is that Assemblymember Olberg has taken his name
off the bill as co-author and I know that as a friend to the ferret bill
Assemblymember Olberg's intent couldn't have been to harm our efforts.
We're delighted to know that he is no longer associated with AB 409.

Jeanne Carley
Californians for Ferret Legalization (CFL)
410 Mountain Home Road  Woodside, CA  94062
http://www.ferretnews.org-- CFL Website
CALIFORNIANS, YOU CAN FIND OUT YOUR STATE SENATOR BY VISITING THIS SITE!!
CALL AND WRITE YOUR SENATOR AND GOV. WILSON--DON'T LET OUR BILL DIE!
For pure ferret fun, check out http://www.ferretcompany.com