From:
"A. Abate/C. Kinsey" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jul 1998 02:38:31 -0400
Ferret Rescue of the Western States is deeply grateful to SOS for two
generous contributions to our large vet bill.  Thanks to the members of SOS
who remember what we do for ferrets every day of our lives, willingly and
lovingly.  We want to say thanks also to three private individuals who have
directly sponsored recent adrenal surgeries for our shelter.  The ferrets
have recovered from their surgeries and are busily growing their hair back.
One has already gone onto her new home where she is most loved.  If anyone
is interested in being on our "call" list for surgeries needed for specific
ferrets, we would be glad to hear from you.  We will discuss the history
with you and provide photos taken during the ferrets' recovery period.  This
can be quite heart-warming with adrenal surgeries, as the full haircoat
grows back in.  Our vet provides skilled surgical care at a fraction of the
usual cost, making it possible for us to take care of every ferret in need
which comes our way, with the help of our generous private sponsors.

Our Humane Society (of the Pikes Peak Region) has instituted a wonderful new
program called "Second Chance".  This is for animals considered unadoptable,
many of which would have been euthanized in recently-past times.  Through
this program we received a naked 8 year old male ferret turned in for
euthanasia by his dispairing owners who were told he had a flea allergy
(gosh, you woulda thought you could have seen the fleas......).  So
characteristic of adrenal patients, he had his surgery and is now turning
into a cinnamon ferret.  He has a wonderful, loving personality.  He was
privately sponsored.  His original name was lost in the transition; he is
now "Spice".

Thank you all for caring!