From:
Margit Szabo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jun 1998 12:56:15 -0400
My ferret is a 2 1/2 year old male who developed a hard bump on the top
right side of his head.  I have never noticed it before.  I took him to the
vet and was told that he had never seen anything like it in his career.  We
decided to play the "wait and see what happens game".  The tumor on his head
has gotten bigger (1.5 cm x 1.0 cm x 1.0 cm) and I do not have a clue what
to do.  The vet now says that the tumor is so large that the ferret my not
survive the removal of the tumor because the surgery would take off too much
of his skull.  This tumor has been growing for greater than ten months.

This tumor is "rock hard" and feels like bone.  My ferret is doing fine by
all other means.  He just has a really large lump on his head and has
acquired the name of "lumpy".  Any ideas?  Any suggestions?  I live in
Dayton, Ohio and there are only a handful of vets here that even see
ferrets.  Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Margit with Lumpy, a.k.a Deuce and Marso-both looking forward to entering
the their first ferret show in Cinci.