From:
Betty Janner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jun 1998 14:38:20 +0000
wanted to add my two cents worth.

Firstly, I would like to ask why you would want to break him of the habit?
I have a cat that as a kitten loved to suck on your earlobe.  My husband
hated it but I didn't see anything wrong with it as I felt that, like most
things, this behaviour would pass in time, as it eventually did, much to my
husbands chagrine.  By allowing Fidelity to do this particular behaviour
does not appear to be hurting anyone, especially Fidelity.  It always
strikes me odd that parents of newborns (human ones) seem to want to follow
a rule book of behaviours and use the info contain therein to yard stick
every little aspect of their lives.  My personal feeling is that each living
creature, human or not, needs to be treated on an individual basis and
given their own opportunity to grow out of things, especially when they
are harmless as finger sucking.

Give Fidelity this same chance.  Best of luck!

Betty and her Blur o' Fur