From:
Melody Tomaszewicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jun 1998 10:22:22 -0400
In reference to Matthew's remark about ferretproofing being good practice
for having a toddler---all I can say is HA!  <ROFL>

When my daughter was a toddler, she never:

Crawled behind the refridgerator
Strolled behind the dishwasher
Crawled under the stove
Climbed into a hole in the wall behind a loose electrical outlet
Went under the sink and climbed into the hole the drain pipe disappeared into
Climbed the lace curtains until she was 2 inches from the curtain rod
Fell into the toilet, climbed out and scampered around smelling of--well we
won't go into that!

After the rigours of ferretproofing, childproofing is a breeze.  I always
tell propective ferret owners to view ferrets as two year olds who can fit
into a hole that was 1 inch by 1 inch.  And I think that a two year old has
more sense!

By the way, my ferrets have done all of the above.  Luckily, we had good
outcomes of all of these adventures, in part because they have all been
conditioned to come to the squeeky toy.  And just in case anyone is
wondering, the kitchen IS off limits to them, but a few times they got in
by accident.

Matthew is right about one thing--ferretproofing does become automatic.
Thank God for that!

Melody Tomaszewicz

Melodyt and the four fuzzbutts
Furry--The Sebastian Cabot of ferrets.  "I'm SO dignified."
Sweetie--The FLO agent.  "How on Earth did you get up there?"
Friskie--Liberace reincarnated.  "Where's that feather boa?  It's naptime."
Angel--aka Velociweasel, aka Pazuzu---Now in foster care. (Sob)