Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 25 Jun 1998 10:13:32 -0400
From:
Barbara Carlson <[log in to unmask]>
>what way should I act/behave to keep the ferret calm and reassured once we
>get back home (3 1/2 hour drive).

Well, first, I hope you're going to have him in a carrier for the ride! :)
That would be an awfully long trip if he was excessively active (like most
kits).  I'd put a towel or blanket in the carrier so he doesn't slide around
during the trip.  A hammock is great for trips, if you can rig one up inside
the carrier.  As for when he gets home, I'd just open the door to the
carrier and let him come out when he's ready.  Let him play until he's tired
and then put the towel from the carrier into the cage with him.  It will
make it a little more familiar.  Kits are remarkably resiliant and curious.
I doubt he'll have any problems.

As for how to *act*, just act and talk to him like he's the cutest thing
ever!  <grin> Just like every other fuzzy owner does!  :)

--Barb--