Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 14:17:14 -0600
From:
"Downey, Susan" <[log in to unmask]>
Hey all,

I am ferret sitting 3 ferrets for a neighbor ( and her 3 cats and dog).
Well in the morning I woke up to green runny poops and one very sad/sick
ferret.  He would not even eat a bit of power bar, his favorite!!!  He is
REALLY sick.  Luckily yesterday I had a vet appt for Elbert who is rapidly
losing his hair.  (see below) so I took Tribble along.  It looks like it is
a stress related outbreak of ECE.  As far as I know all of the ferrets, my
5 and her 3, have all been exposed to ECE.  They often play together and
we have had no other problems.  I am keeping her 3 at our house and time
sharing run time.  SO they might be a bit home sick and stressed out.  Then
to top it off Taos ( evil ferret from hell) caught up with one of the
visitors and tried her best to maim and injure him.  SO I am guessing all
those stresses combined allowed this re occurrence.  Does this sound
reasonable?  Since they had been at my house for a week before this happened
I am not separating them.  If something was going around they all have
already been exposed.  My neighbor gets back on the 30th of June so by then
her Tribble should be healthy and happy again.  He is currently on
antibiotics.  HE has a small fever.

Oh yea one more thing.  He looks like he has a monster headache.  Is this
possible?  He is closing one eye and resting his head a lot.  He looks like
what I feel like when I have a headache behind one eye.  Any ideas on this?

As for Elbert, I sent this part to the FAIML too.

I joined the FAIML because one of my girls, Izzy, was suspected of
developing Adrenal.  Well that was in February and she has not changed at
all.  She has a small bald spot on her rear but that is all.  She is holding
strong.

In that time another of mine, Elbert, Has started losing hair on his
shoulders, down his spine, on his feet and his belly.  Pretty indicative of
and adrenal problem.  A couple years ago he went in to get some lymph node
samples for a biopsy.  He did not recover well at all from that small
surgery.  So I am not thinking he is a candidate for surgery at all.  I
started him on Lysrodern yesterday and we will see how that goes for a few
weeks.  The hair loss is his only symptom.  He is not having any problems
peeing ( prostate, which is something I learned here).  SO hopefully we can
keep it under control.  Just keep him in your thoughts, he has had a hard
life.  Even though, he is one happy camper!

Sue Downey and her frenzy of 5 (plus 3 for the month of June!!!)