From:
Glenn Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jun 1998 14:09:53 -0700
Following is my personal opinion on the battle for ferrets in CA.  Are CA
ferret lovers ignoring one of the best weapons they have?

Nothing will ever be achieved for ferret lovers in CA as long as they fight
alone.  There are not enough ferret lover votes in any given district to
make the slightest dent in an election result.  Politicians understand red
hot pokers, and to them a red hot poker is the possibility of losing an
election..  Now if they had to sweat very dog and cat lover vote in their
district, they would all become devout animal lovers over night.  They might
even see a need to distance themselves from the known animal bashers.

CA ferret people need for the dog and cat lovers to feel as threatened as
they are.  Every time you talk to a pet lover, give them a " I heard that"
or a "I think I read somewhere that" so-and-so is trying introduce anti
dog/cat legislation that......and then make up any kind of ugly story you
can think of.  Image how many times that story will be passed on and on to
other pet lovers!  You need not even mention ferrets.

"It's not whether you win or lose....it's how you play the game" is fine for
teaching youngsters values at little league baseball, but it'll never ever
help a CA ferret.

Glenn J.
Chuki...Pop didn't invent the art of hate/smear.  Politicians perfected it
long before any of us were born.