From:
Signe Peerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jun 1998 14:07:18 EDT
This is for the person (or persons) who suggested rubbing Furrovite on fuzzy
tummies before clipping their nails.  I thank you, my SO thanks you, and my
ferrets thank you.  You are a genius, a hero, a saint!!!

Nail-clipping time used to be an exercise in fear and loathing on the parts
of all concerned but now it's pure pleasure.  What we do is this: wait until
shortly before bedtime, when the ferrets are close to comatose anyway or
have already put themselves to sleep in the guestroom bureau drawer,
delicately extract the Designated Ferret (we only clip one per night, no use
pushing our luck), rub the Furrovite on lower tummy causing ferret to double
over and stick its little paws out, quickly clip, remove MOST of the
remaining Furrovite, gather up remaining ferrets and put them in their
condo.  Instead of going to the food dish or sleep sack, they head straight
for the Annointed One, who is then licked into blissful oblivion.