From:
Millie Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Oct 1998 21:20:25 -0500
Just got back from the vet and in our conversation of talking ferrets and
how mine are outside for at least 1 hour a day, I described how cute Dizzy
was - so bushy and plump sitting on his hind legs, his front dangling and
his nose stuck up trying to sniff out the big elephant ears I was told that
elephant ears are toxic to ferrets, not good for them at all.  So, I have
to dig up the plants and they have to be moved - woe be to try to move the
ferrets (really this is the safest yard in the world for them, concrete
brick surrounds them and the wrought iron gate has a sheet of clear
plexiglass on it where they can't escape.  Which I still remain in the yard
with them just in case "can't" doesn't work.

This is just a thought of the dangers in the yard, I knew some household
plants were but never thought of yard plants.

Millie & her noble cleaning crew
Easy Off:  the most perfect ferret in the whole wide world
Ammonia:  Okay, Easy Off, you said poor Ammonia,  well I'm being carried
back to the cage, you wanna take Poor Ammonia's place this time??????
Cascade: Dizzy sweetheart, you look a little pale, was the vet too rough
Ajax:  Boy, I got em going.  I can pin em and then yell like I am being
hurt and boy can Grandma really pin em down, that woman can move.
Dizzy:  That laughing gas, I recommend a doze of that for everyone!!!!
Joy:  Yah, well you talked so much, the vet couldn't concentrate and
had to knock you out completely.  And Dizzy, you are NO gentleman.