From:
Marge Szelmeczka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Sep 1998 10:42:27 -0500
It's just over a year ago, now that I ransomed Sammy (Samson) from the
inhumane breeder in Granite City, IL.

When he came home, he had never seen what the outside looked like.  He had
nightmares (no more of them now).  He didn't know what a sleep sack or
hammock was or was for.

He still doesn't use a sleep sack, prefers to burrow under all the blankies,
even if there is a sleep sack.

He has never shown interest in hammocks.  When I would put him in he would
climb out.  Today, I came home from work (worked from 6-9AM).  Sammy has
free roam of my bedroom.  The small closet has blankies and sleep sacks.
There is a small cage (with a hammock) in one corner of the main closet.
I went looking to see where he sacked out.  And found him sacked out in
the hammock.  Hooray, for Sammy.

He still doesn't know how to play with other ferrets but its one huge step
for Sammy.