From:
JUDY MOON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jul 1998 20:18:11 -0700
I am having a hard time with this treat business.  You see ferrets are
carnivors.  Right!

Who came up with the idea they should have fruit and vegetable treats.
The ferret companies jumped on this one in a big way.  I can tell which
companies are just out to make money off our love of ferrets and those which
actually put some thought into their products.

Ferrets should get treats that are meat based.  There are few companies
offering chicken and beef treats.  The others are big dangerous rip offs!
This upsets me enough that I make my own treats and my ferrets love them.

Liver!  That's right liver!  Any kind of liver will do as long as it is well
cooked and cut into little itsy bitsy pieces.  Also feed sparingly.  My kids
love it!  I puree cooked liver and mix it with Mazuri Ferret Diet for any
ferret that has a problem of any kind.

I absolutely do not give any kind of vegetable or fruit treat.  And don't
give me that business about your ferrets loves his raisins, bananas, etc.
Dogs love chocolate and it can kill them.  Maybe if we fed our ferrets more
naturally we would see longer lives, less sickness, and maybe just maybe
less cancer.

Try it  you'll like it!