From:
Betty Janner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Jul 1998 00:19:53 +0000
Hi Gang!

Just a quick update on Tinder.... her will to live is so strong that I can
no longer stand by and do nothing.  I called my vet Friday and told him
that Tinder is not giving up and I need to try to do my part to ease her
last days, weeks, or months.  He asked me if I wanted surgery or medication
and I told him that we needed to talk about it.  He responded by saying
that the surgery, which would be very hard on her, should be considered as
a last alternative.  So, Tinder is now on Lasix oral solution (there's
that name again!) at 0.4 ml twice a day until Sunday.  On Monday we will
evaluate her together and see if it is making a difference in helping to
get her fluid levels down.

She hates the taste but because it is such a small amount of liquid I do
a quick scruff, quick squirt, followed by nutrivit and her meal of baby
food and boost.  She easily forgives but does not forget!

Bear has become not only her companion but her protector as well.  Our two
boys, Taero and Chook, love to hassle the girls.  Bear is half their size
but puts up with nothing.  While Tinder sleeps, Bear guards her when the
boys are out and about.  Whenever Chook comes near (he is the more
aggressive of the two) Bear immediately chases him out of the room.  She is
loud in her bitchy noises and her mouth is open wide but it gets the job
done and Tinder is safe once again.  What an amazing little girl!

More when I have more!

Betty and her Blur O'Fur