From:
Mikki Chapman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jun 1998 07:06:13 -0500
I want to say thanks to all who sent prayers and info.  Monster trashed his
cage this morning because his food dish was empty when he woke up.  I filled
it before going to bed, but he ate it all and was mad there wasn't any.
Demon spit his meds right back in my face so in contrast to his just hanging
limp from his scruff while I medi- cate him, it's a major improvement.  The
girls are doing fine and want out!  The Vet said no play, only rest.  Ever
try to tell that to a ferret?

Now a question for the more informed out there.  The outbreak began in less
then 24 hours after bringing Dutchess into the house.  There's been no other
ferret contact for at least six weeks.  The outbreak began with violent
vomiting, quickly replaced by projectile green slime poops.  Seven(?) years
ago we had an outbreak of ECE and there was no vomiting and about a three
day incubation period after bringing home the baby carrying the disease.
Has the disease mutated or was the first strain just milder?
--

Mikki & Dee                       -l-
"Learning To Fly"on Autopilot  -o-(_)-o-  Team AMIGA