From:
Kat Albrecht <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jun 1998 01:14:57 -0400
If you have ever lost a ferret and later found it, please email me and share
your experience.  I am interested in knowing:

     1. How long was the ferret missing?
     2. How far did you find the ferret from where it escaped?
     3. Was your ferret hiding, or where was it found?
     4. What was the key to finding your ferret (i.e. physical search,
        squeeky toy, posted flyers, newspaper AD, SPCA, etc.)

My non-profit (National Center For Missing Pets) is researching "lost pet
behavior".  For more information, view our website at
http://www.missingpet.org and click on Research & Training.  Our "Success
Stories" is also a fascinating look at the use of bloodhounds to hunt people
and now dogs that are being trained to hunt for missing pets.  Thanks for
any info that you can provide on ferret behavior and on what they do when
they become lost.

Kat & Dogs
Kathy "Kat" Albrecht
Executive Director
                   National Center For Missing Pets
*Exciting Search & Rescue Stories *Tips on Finding Lost Pets *Forensic
Applications To Missing Pet Investigations *Pet Search & Rescue
*If You Own A Pet, Come Visit Us!
                http://www.missingpet.org