From:
Todd Leuthold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Jun 1998 10:48:46 -0400
...can make you laugh!

My fuzzies usually like to sit outside the bathroom door while I take my
shower in the morning.  They take turns reaching their little fuzzie feet
under the door and making snuffling noises.  When I come out of the
bathroom, they all do the Dooks-Of-Hazard and War-And-Peace dances, making
the "Ferret Room" look like an aerobics studio in full session!

However, sometimes their alarm clocks must not go off on time.  I can get
into the shower, shave and get back out and into "No Ferret Zone" territory
(the bedrooms) before they notice that it's time to invade the ferret room
and get ready for their displays.

This morning was one of those mornings.  I succeeded in getting showered and
dressed without a single fuzzie noticing.  Then, without warning, the radio
in my room turned off.  The fuzzies KNOW that it means that I've gotten up.
Sure enough, I heard the herd thundering up the stairs.  I gave them a few
minutes to get ready, then went to the fuzzie gate and stepped over.  No
fuzzies.

I wondered where they were...I *know* I heard them coming up the steps.  So,
I looked into the "Ferret Room" and there they all were, either lined up for
their turn, or already on their backs, reaching under the bathroom door.
Not one of them figured out that I wasn't in there anymore!

After a few moments of surprise, I left out a smothered giggle and they all
stopped whatever they were doing and turned to look at me...then the
bathroom door...then me...then the door.  Then they all seemed to decide I
was just a figment of their imaginations and went back to their business at
the door.

I quietly went downstairs (carpeting helps in this endeavour!) and fed the
guinea pig and the cat.  I then went back to the stairs and called up to the
fuzzies.  After a few moments, ONE fuzzie appeared at the top of the steps
to look down.  He looked as though he was TOTALLY dumbfounded!  He left (it
was Fuzzer, by the way) and came back a few moments later with the rest of
the gang, who appeared to be certain that Fuzzer was just pulling their
individual tails.

When they all looked down, it was plain that they were all totally confuzed.
They had no idea how I'd gotten out of the bathroom without them seeing me.
Then, as though a bell had gone off, they all raced pell mell down the
stairs.  Seeing this flood of fuzzies....I ran!  Of course, I was laughing
the whole time, but I wasn't fast enough.  Fuzzer was the first to get me,
followed immediately by Ziggy and Misti-Ferret.  When I stopped to get
Fuzzer and Ziggy, Misti-Ferret and Silver slammed into my legs and I was
promptly tackled.

It might not have looked professional, but being over-run by a mob of
fur-bearing tongues isn't all that bad!  Still, the sight of all those
fuzzies wondering how I'd gotten out of the bathroom while they were one
patrol was priceless!

Todd and the (What...hoomans can teleport, too?) Fuzzbutt Rodeo Clowns!
---
http://users.success.net/toddl/