From:
Marta -Cricket <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jun 1998 20:30:35 PDT
I just had a very frightening experiance.  I drove into my garage after
class tonight and was greeted by the next door neighbor.  He asked me if I
was missing a ferret because he saw a white critter running around in the
field next door...I rushed into the house, got my squeek toy and the
ferretone and started squeeking.  Angelina and Sasha came around the garage
filthy and wet...I put them inside, while Paul looked around.  He saw
Nikoali my deaf ferret, so we wandered around in the weeds until he poked
his head out...last was Chico who I finally found out back in some sort of
Prarie Dog type hole.  I locked them in the bathroom and on shakey legs
started searching my house I swore I'd ferret proffed.  Seems that when I
was cleaning last week, I'd bumped the dryer enough to dislodge the hose
that goes outside...after putting it back and duct taping the thing to
death, I've let them back out...bathed them, and kissed them to death.  I'm
still so shaky I can't even tell you.

I wanted to say THANK YOU to whom ever it was here that suggested you train
your little ones to come to a squeek toy.  I know that I would have more
than likely not found them.  THANK YOU!!!...I can take a cake over to Paul
for helping me look, but for those of you who have helped here I can't begin
to know how to thank you.

All my love, Marta
and my naughty adventurers...Angelina, Sasha, Nikoali and Chico.