From:
Meghan Bonikowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jun 1998 22:31:04 -0700
Hi, my name is Meg and I live in the Seattle area.  I have only been getting
the FML for a few days now, so this is my first time to post.  I'd just like
to ask the experienced ferret owners out there some questions...

I do not own any ferrets yet, but would like to.  I will have to wait a few
months so that everything can be settled and stable in my home when I bring
my new ones in to be a part of it.

So, here are my questions..

1) For a first time ferret owner, would it be better to get a kit or an
older ferret?  Will a ferret's age make a difference with how well the
human/ferret bonding process will go?  What age is a good age to get a
ferret?

2) Is Christmas a good or bad time to buy a ferret?  Or does it matter?  I
was wondering, because I have noticed the way prices will go up for things
around the holiday season because so many people want them.  Does this apply
to ferrets and/or their supplies?  What is a good time of year (if any) to
get a ferret?

I am just looking for answers based on what individuals have experienced and
witnessed in their ferrety adventures.  I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts on
these subjects.  Thanks a lot!

--Meg
Ferretless in Seattle

=====    [log in to unmask]    OR  [log in to unmask]

**People who love animals are the luckiest people in the world.**