From:
JUDY JONES <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jun 1998 13:16:08 -0500
Hi ferret friends:

I've always been impressed by the caring advice given when people need help.
Seems like now I'm in that category.  I'm a dedicated lurker, but had to
de-lurk because I'm stumped with one of my babies' health problem.

Pancho is a very sweet (but aren't they all) one year old sable.  For the
past four to five months, we have been battling a stubborn abscess on his
snout.  His vet and I surmised that he and his buddy Cisco had a rather
over-zealous play session and he got a puncture wound.

Each time the abscess appears, the vet opens and drains it.  Then, for a
week or so, I make daily trips to the vet, where the wound is flushed and
packed with antibiotics.  A two week cycle of Baytril is also part of the
program.  Each time, the abscess goes away and then exactly four weeks after
treatment stops, it reappears.

I would appreciate any advice any of you could give.  Feel free to e-mail me
directly.

Thanks in advance,

Judy, owned by Pancho Villa and The Cisco Kid