From:
Katherine Kuckens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jun 1998 14:35:27 EDT
I am not flaming the person here, but I am upset by the thing that person
did.  I just have to say that I think the use of live goldfish for ferret
toys is cruel.  I know they have to be used for food for some pets.  I feed
crickets to my anole, and honestly, sometimes when I hear their happy little
chirps at night, knowing they will be eaten soon, I feel terrible.  But
that's different from using a living creature for sport.  A person may feel
that a 7-cent goldfish isn't really a worthwhile life, but where do you
stop?  All life is valuable.  We may think a goldfish doesn't count, and
then there are people who think mice and gerbils AND FERRETS are just as
expendable.  Some creatures will be food, and while that's hard, the life
that is lost is valuable.  It served a purpose.  It is not wasted.  But
using goldfish for toys is a waste of life.  And I don't mean 7 cents.

I would like to suggest maybe the ferrets would also like a pool full of
ping pong balls?  Raisins?  Shoes?

Kat