From:
Carol Muttillo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Apr 1998 02:34:59 -0400
My name is Carol, and I have been a lurker on the FML for several months.  I
was told by my vet that my Princess Alexsis, (female-sable-aprox.  6 + yrs.)
has from one to three months to live.  On April 3rd I had taken her to the
vet because I noticed that she had lost weight and he felt a mass in her
abdomin, so we scheduled surgery for the following Monday -- however since I
had left her there to have bloodwork done he also noticed she seemed to be
in pain and was going bad so he did the surgery that afternoon.  He found
abnormalities on her pancreas.  We got the report back on the 9th - it is as
follows.  If Dr. Bruce Williams or anyone else has any info on a or any
treatment for a ferret with -

DIAGNOSIS: ADENOCARCINOMA - metastic to lymph node, low grade malignancy.
Histopathology: The section consists of a lymph node which is almost
completely replaced by neoplastic, secratory, glandular epithelial cells
patterned in small clusters, acini, microtubules and small island of cells.
These are separated by lymphoid tissue.  The cells have indistinct cell
outlines, abundant cytoplasm and hyperchromatic nuciei, with a few mitotic
figures.  The lesion is non-encapsulated, non-circumscribed, the tumor cells
extend to the margin of the tissue section examined.

BLOOD WORK: ALB 2.59 g/dl  ALKP 184 IU  ALT 102 IU  AMYL 21 IU  BUN 35.2
mg/dl  Ca 8.25 mg/dl  CHOL 113.9 mg/dl  CREA 0.32 mg/dl  GLU 52.4 mg/dl
PHOS 6.26 mg/dl  TBIL 0.58 mg/dl  TP 6.84 g/dl  GLUB 4.25 g/dl

I has been unable to find anything that seems to match on the ferret FAQ's.
Princess is my "FIRST" ferret - prior to having been struck by ferret math.
She has ruled her kingdom and given much love and joy. I would like very
much to do the very best I can to give her what she needs to enjoy what
time she has left. ANY help & information can either be E mailed to me or
posted on the FML.<[log in to unmask]>

Carol & her 9 owners
Princess Alexsis - Freto Bandito - Cricket - Cinderellie
"Lady" Michael - Sir Robert of Camden - Kila - Socks - Pooh Bear
& Sweet "T" Girl ( who's waiting at Rainbow Bridge
PLUS 3 fosters - Button - Synclair & Thadius