From:
Mirthful Mayhem <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 1998 23:36:05 +0000
Hi there

I was wondering what exactly the best treatment for ear mites is?  I thought
that the ferrets needed two Ivermectin (Ivomec?) injections 2 weeks apart.
Then a friend said that she has her ferrets injected 3 times one week apart
to be on the safe side.  But my vet added that he thought ear mites might
live of the debris and ear wax in the ear and not suck blood in which case
the Ivermectin wouldn't kill them.

So would it be best to use ear drops after all?  And what kind of ear drops
(e.g. ear drops containing Ivermectin?).  I opted for the injections
because when I put anything into my kids' ears, it ends up all over me and
the room instead of in their ears.  I was also wondering if the ear drops
might be bad for them if they lick each others ears?

Hope somebody can shed some light.  :-)

From Ulrike and the 10 still ear scratching woozels

--
http://www.personal.u-net.com/~ferret/index.htm