Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 4 Mar 1998 09:35:31 CST
From:
victoria foster <[log in to unmask]>
There have been some posts lately about ferrets not liking a newborn's
crying, or reacting to a squeak toy by biting.  There was a thread a few
months back along these lines.  From what I can recall of the posts, (and
someone may disagree with me), it was pretty much decided that some ferrets
just DO NOT LIKE high pitched noises.  For whatever reason, whether it hurts
their ears, or they think it is prey, or maybe think it is a hurt ferret, or
some other reason entirely.  Some ferrets even react by biting.  I think the
people with the newborn should certainly keep the ferret away from the baby
while it is crying because there is definitely a possibility that he might
bite the baby.