From:
JMYSHARONA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 11:03:35 EST
Pet store ECE: In my opinion, there is little doubt the ECE came from the
pet store.  As many ferret owners and shelters can attest, ECE is very
easily spread.  All it could have taken for the kit to be exposed was
another customer or employee, who had been exposed at any time within the
last six months, to handle the kit.  That's all it could have taken.  Most
pet stores don't sell kits right "off the truck".  They usually keep them in
the back for at least a week before they are brought out for sale.  This has
been my experiance with small shops and large alike.  Either the shop in
question was very irresponsible, or the clerk led you to think they just
"came in" rather than just "came out".

***Ferret on soap: How would a person in CA get a permit to become a
"handler"?  Could this be a loop-hole for all the ferret lovers in hiding?

Just a thought...
SP