From:
bronxelf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 02:15:12 -0500
Manfred & Debnrah Fischer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>After reading this and a couple of other posts from members of this list,
>I must say that I can understand the reluctance of Marshall Farms to deal
>with most people that question their business practices.  So far, no one
>has shown any evidence that their ferret was exposed to ECE by coming in
>contact with a MF kit.  All we have is conjecture and a possible case of
>libel.

What?

MY ferrets got ECE from a MF kit.  I have all the evidence in the world to
support it.  Should I list it all again?  There *is* no libel here.

>Don't get me wrong.  I do not necessarily agree with Marshall Farms business
>practices either, but I do think that if we are going to accuse them of
>anything, we had better have some evidence to back up the charges.

Excuse me... I *have* the facts to back up *my* charges.  Did you miss them
the first time around?  Kender is still *terribly* ill because of this.

1. I went to the vet with Kender and Justin on 3/6 for shots and checkups.
   They were healthy.  They had *no* sign of anything wrong with them.

2. On 3/12, I purchased a MF kit from the Petco store in Hartsdale, NY.
   The kits were a new batch.  There were no kits in the store to comingle
   with the new ones.  They were in the store for *one* hour prior to my
   getting there.

3. On 3/14, the kit began showing signs of ECE.  Within 90 minutes, Kender
   was showing signs.  And within 24 hours, Justin was sick too.

4. On 3/16 all three ferrets went to the vet.  The vet confirmed ECE,
   based on the evidence he had.

5. On 3/15 at 10:30 PM, Kender was taken in by the vet for two days worth
   of hospitalization and sub q fluids.

Kender is very ill.  I may have to rehospitalize him tomorrow.

Is *that* evidence enough?

taking the paper trail to the top,

elf.

bronxelf
Dominatrix at Arms and Guild Hall Lieutenant of the Renaissance Mercenaries
Guild.
A.F.R.  Goddess of Steel
http://www.i-2000.com/corwin/axi
"To err is human, to forgive is not our policy."    --Anonymous
"I believe pregnancy is a Sexually Transmitted Disease"- Me.

"I got more cream than a Twinkie or a Zinger"-"Humdinger", Chucklehead

The creativity of an elf knows no bounds.