From:
Melanie Hawkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Mar 1998 09:17:14 -0500
I went to drop some ferret brochures off at PetsMart (in Maryland)
yesterday, and was told that the brochures had to be approved by the
corporate office.  So she took 2 copies and told me to check back with them
in about 2-3 weeks.  The manager was very cooperative which was nice to see.
VetSmart, the vet. clinic at PetsMart, had a ferret brochure of their own
which needed a little work.  They were kind of clueless on some things
including the benefits of descenting (makes them smell a lot better),
feeding ferrets pelleted ferret food and not cat or dog food (no mention of
feeding them high quality cat food and seemed to come across saying that any
bag of food that says ferret food is fine to buy), and a couple of other
things.  I am planning on bringing some of my brochures in to them so that
they can have some additional material for the folks that bring their pets
to VetSmart.  Hopefully they will update their brochure and change a couple
of their topics dicussed in the brochure.  We will see.

My three furballs have SPRING FEVER!  I opened the windows today to let some
warm fresh air into the house and my guys danced and danced this morning
while I got ready for work.  My one ferret, Norman, actually did a
summersault this morning he was so excited!  Goofy ferrets!

Melanie and the gang (Giz, Norman, and Moser)

[P.S.]
Forgot to mention that in the VetSmart brochure they mention that ferrets
must be vaccinated against canine distemper and bordetella.  Bordetella?
Hmmmm.