From:
Edward Lipinski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Mar 1998 00:16:35 -0800
Below is a quote from Mr. Bill Killian:
>We have never had a really bad potential adopter either.

Kudos to you.  Our experience: more potential bad adopters than can count
on both hands.  Since their potential "bad" was realized prior to adoption,
they never got a ferret from us.  In one case, we called for and received
police assistance to thwart a vividly perceived threat of assault and
battery from an irate man who disagreed with our evaluation that he was
"bad." We have since learned to screen potential adopters as best we can
over the phone before we give them our location and an appointment.

We charge a $500.00 transfer fee if the adopter ever sells a FNW adoptee.
That's spelled out right on the Adoption and Liability Release document
which the adopter signs.  We had to do this because "nice" adopters were
taking their new adoptees into downtown Seattle and selling them on the
street within hours of adopting them for more $ than they donated for the
ferret here.  I have been told that some of these "nice" people doubled
their money within hours, and obviously, they could care less where their
ferret was going.  Yeah, and these were the ones we'd thought "nice."

Not to be factitious, but there may be three categories of people:  nice,
bad, and really bad, if not more.  But you gotta tell us the difference
between "bad" and "really bad."

Please tell us, if you will,

What's the difference between a REALLY BAD and just a BAD potential adopter?

We'd really like to know your definition, OK?

Edward Lipinski,  Der Frettchenlustbarkeitsfuerher who shouts:
Frettchenvergneugen [G]  Ferret Joy.