From:
Becki Kain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Mar 1998 16:05:13 -0500
First off, thanks to Vicki Henderson ([log in to unmask]), Gary Holowicki and
Melissa Litwicki, of course, who made him this incredible sleep sack.

Now for the news.  We woke up Thursday morning to the most beautiful sound
of Nero eating kibble!  We had been force feeding with a srynge meat baby
food every 2-4 hours since Tuesday morning (since he had his surgery Monday
and he was very out of it for all of Monday and Monday night).  On
Wednesday, we may have gone a bit overboard with the pedialyte (1 part
whipping cream for fat for 10 parts pedialyte) by giving him 90 cc's in a
24 hour period, but we really wanted him to recover!  Since Thursday, we
still have been feeding him meat baby food, but we've cut back from 8
teaspoons to 4 in the hopes he will make up the rest with TF.  We've also
cut back the ped to about 40 cc's (he weighs 2 lbs, 1 oz).  He has to be
woken up every few hours, but when he's up, he runs around like a normal,
6.5 years old, madman ferret, poking at the cats, trying to get our
attention, and sticking his head in shoes.  And, most importantly, he is
eating TF on his own!

Dr. Schiff has been goofing on his hair since he has this kind of blonde
mohawk thing going on.  The Doc thinks he looks like of like Neelix from
Startrek.

Nero's not out of the woods yet, and the Doc couldn't remove all of the
tumors in his pancreas (he would have had to remove the entire pancreas), but
he is doing a lot better!

beckers

--
becki kain
"words are just dust in deserts of sound."  eldritch