From:
Kate Pappas Rainier Beach Public Library <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Mar 1998 11:01:20 -0800
Hello you wonderful listers, here's the latest.

Emmett has insulinoma and is scheduled for surgery on Tuesday.

Kate

(for those of you joining us in mid-channel, a short recap:
Emmett Kelly (aka "FNW Getsil-ichi) is a terrific 7-yr-old sable male, who
collapsed suddenly on Saturday and was rushed to his vet, where he spent the
weekend, being carried back and forth from the clinic to the vet's home.

He had blood tests and the initial results were totally wacky.  Turns out
the lab has egg on their faces because they did the tests wrong!  and
insulinoma is now a confirmed diagnosis.

I chose surgery as an initial treatment, and that as soon as could be
arranged.  My first ferret, Shasta, also had insulinoma so I know it ain't
no picnic.

The patient himself is doing much better, and actually was seen to roll
over in ferret joy this morning!  Plus, he wrestled with a sock!  And he is
scratching himself again!  I'm sure he'd send his regards to all of you-- I
wish you guys could see him now, he's totally different from last weekend.

Please wish us success over the "long haul" ahead.  Thank you all, you're
great!