From:
Penny LePage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Mar 1998 18:55:19 -0500
Trying to get my thoughts together so I don't forget anything and I get
things right.

We took our four fuzzies to the vet last night for the usual check ups and
shots.  We had already planned on staying in the office for at least half
hour after the shots just in case.  Everyone was in great shape and the vet,
Dr Norris is the greatest.  He took his time and looked everyone over
carefully.  We were done with everyone and just talking when strange sounds
came from the carrier.  Poor little Blossom was throwing up!  She is the
tinny one only a pound.  Anyway, Dr Norris was surprised to see the vomiting
as he had said the reaction is usally a loose stool and really smelly.  This
took place about 10 min.  after she had her shots.  We watched her closely
and she continued to vomit several more times.  About 10 more minutes passed
and there come the loose stool.  He says the worst he has ever seen is when
there is blood in the stool and then he brakes into a cold sweat.  Luckily
there was no blood with Blossom.  He did give her shots of prednisolone and
diphenhydramine.  After about 20 more minutes she got relaxed and he took
her up stairs and gave her fluids before we took her home.

We thought we were going to lose her for awhile as she just laid limp on the
table.

Dr. Norris says he has had the worst where he had spent the night at the
office till the ferret was out of the woods.  This impressed me!!!  Anyone
in the NH East coast and needs a good vet, he is at the Broadview Animal
Clinic in Rochester.  He does at least two adrenal surgeries a week and the
price on the left is $350 on the top side.  He has done several right and
doesn't seem to have touble with them unless they are so big he can't get
it all.

He also says he is working on carrying TF and he teaches people when they
come in.  He is very ferret knowledgable and nice too!!!!  Thank God he
loves ferrets, he also takes care of the birds that come in to the office.

Love and fuzzies Kisses
Penny, Burglar, Missitoo, Flower and Poor Little Blossom