From:
"E.M. Ennis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Mar 1998 11:22:45 -0500
>From:    Debbie Hunton <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: MF "Fancy" Ferrets
>Was just in my local pet store today (buying fish) and had to look at their
>ferrets.  The employee (very knowledgeable and helpful) told me that they
>also have "fancy" ferrets... and that they sell fast - I described a blaze
>and he said that was an accurate description.  This store gets in only MF
>ferrets.  Anyone else hear about this policy of specifying "fancy" ferrets?
>Debbie & Jim

I'm not a bit surprised.  Most people seem to be most familiar with the
'standard' brown sable markings.  If a store gets in a mitt, an albino, a
blaze, cinnamon, etc, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they try to market
them as 'fancy.' I bet you can add $30 to the sticker price with that one
world and most people will shell out the bucks for the 'fancy' version.  A
similar tactic was employed by the evil pet store in my area.  Ever since I
have been around this area (5 years) ferrets have sold for $99.99.  One day
I was walking by (it's in a mall and kind of hard to miss) and they had a
new sign up.

     FERRETS! REGULAR PRICE: 149.99   **SALE TODAY!!!** $99.99.

Hmmmmm.  Don't seem legal to me!
                 -Erin...