From:
Toni Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Mar 1998 06:55:11 -0600
As some of you may know, I am a Community Leader for GeoCities.  That means
I am assigned a *block* of sites that I monitor (ie check for violations,
look for Featured Page sites, etc.).  While scanning my block the other day
I came across a page that is put up by the Texas Humane Legislative Network.
Here's a small quote from that page:

"The mission of the Texas Humane Legislation Network is to promote the
humane treatment of animals through legislation, education and advocacy."

I sent my usual intro letter, but also let them know I live in Austin, have
a ferret, and do web design.  The web master wrote back to me and invited me
to come to their meetings and especially help out the next time legislation
is in town.  Their site focuses on the usual animals (dogs, cats, horses) so
my input on ferrets could prove to be invaluable for the little beasts <g>.
I am so excited.  WE WILL BE HEARD!  If you are interested in seeing their
site I have included the URL below.  There is a link on that site where you
can get a ANIMAL FRIENDLY license plate to benefit a state spay/neuter fund.
Proceeds from the sale of the plates will be allocated to agencies to
provide free or low cost spaying and neutering of dogs and cats adopted from
animal shelters.  Let's see if we can get ferrets added to that list!
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Estates/5448

Ferret hugs and kisses,
Toni
Dinky(way to go mom)