From:
Eric A Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 11 Jan 1993 01:52:04 -0500
My little girls like eggnog, too.  I just dip my fingers in my glass
and let them lick the stuff off my fingers.  That way I'm sure they
aren't getting tooo much, and the egg in it is probably good for
their coats.  Use only prepared eggnog.  The homemade stuff can have
salmonella from the eggs in it.  Prepared eggnog is sterilized before
shipping.

They also love Sun Chips, the multi-grain snack chips.  I generally
break off a small corner for each of the weasies as a treat.  They
have raided bags of it, so I alsoo doubt it is at all harmful
to them, though it may ruin their apatite for more balanced food.
I've had to move my ramen noodles to higher ground.  They both love
to raid the pantry for them, and will readily carry off whole bags
of the noodles to nibble on behind the furniture.  They are just plain
flour noodles, so I doubt there is anything either harmful or
beneficial to them. (though I have found a couple of packages with
bugs in them, so I don't want them in it for that reason, too.)
Mainly, I'm worried that they will try to eat some of the cellophane
wrappers and get sick.  I don't know why they like the noodles so much,
since they are just plain unflavored noodles.

E.S., Hershey, and Nestle'

[Strangely enough, I knew one guy who fed his Guinea pigs cellophane
(NOT plastic) upon occasion.  Claimed it was good for them.  Cellophane
is a wood product, not petroleum...]