From:
Kathy Goodhart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Aug 1998 00:10:52 EDT
Hi All,

As always, I received so many responses to my post that I have been unable
to respond to all E-mails individually.  Until I can reach all that
contacted me, here is an update on Freeway, the emaciated little girl that
was found in phoenix.

Freeway is doing very well!  While her gums are still white, we have stopped
with the sub-q fluids and she is eating her TF on her own - dry (she still
begs for her duck soup, and insists that it be fed off of my finger).  She
has put on some weight - since we do not have a home scale, I can't tell how
much, but her ribs are not quite as prominent.  She has Timmy's Tonic in her
water bottle.

We are still concerned as her toe nail quicks and gums are very white,
however, we are feeling better about her because all other bodily functions
are working fine.  I will be taking her to the vet again next week.  (For
those that have offered to help with Freeway's vet bills: No need.  Due to
the fact that I have needed a revolving door to the vets for the last few
months, both with my own critters and fosters, my check was recevied back
in the mail with a note that "this one is on the hospital" so - as of yet,
Freeway has no vet bills.  I do very much appreciate the offers though.

As she is filling out, we are begining to believe she is not a baby, but a
small adult.  We still can not make out a spay scar.

So far so good!

Kathy Goodhart
Grand Canyon State Ferret Association