From:
Ela Heyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jun 1998 14:50:35 EDT
>I'd be tempted to try dousing everyone with vanilla now, after reading
>some of Bob Church's stuff.

I hate to be such a party pooper ... but you might want to try some sort of
synthetic vanilla perfume and use it very *lightly* (or use a totally
different product).  Real vanilla and vanillin (the synthetic stuff) are
skin irritants, cause excema, and can pigment the skin when used externally.
I'm taking that from my "Consumer's Dictionary of Cosmetic Ingredients",
although it's not an exact quotation, since I don't have the book here at
work.  (I wanted to make a vanilla soap, but wound up having to buy a
synthetic, skin-safe vanilla fragrance, since I didn't want to burn anyone's
skin with vanilla or vanillin!)

Oh yeah ... and I've read the same thing about talc!  I wouldn't use it
anymore myself, for that reason.  They make baby powder with cornstarch now,
which should be safer, if anyone *really* wishes to use baby powder for some
reason.

- Ela