From:
Ronnie DiComo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 16:24:05 -0400
There is an EXCELLENT article in the current issue of Modern Ferret (I think
it was issue number sixteen) by Bob Church, aka Bhor the Ferret god, about
boredom in ferrets.  It's one of those articles I wish everybody who is
thinking of getting a ferret, or who has a ferret, would read.  Bob has some
wonderful suggestions about dealing with boredom, and more important, why a
lot of "destructive behavior" in ferrets can be easily solved by providing
interesting things for ferrets to do.  (Bob's curious biography is also a
mustelid-read.)

On the home front, I am making some important scientific observations about
color preference in ferrets.  I watched Epcot, my very hard working
shoeweasel, repeatedly climb into the laundry basket, select and remove 6
red socks, one at a time, and put them away in the closet.  Since then, I
have done the laundry.  Next week I will perform this carefully crafted
experiment again after I have worn the 3 pairs of red socks and put them
back in the laundry basket.  Until then, he has to settle for blue and green
socks and trying to pull the blanket off the bed.

-- Ronnie
   & the eight lunatics who all seem to be suffering from spring fever
Ralphie, Harry, Prince Charming, Merlin the Maniac, Roxanne, Petunia and
Shoeweasels Epcot and Clover  "hey, we're not sick, we feel GREAT!"
bounce! bounce! bounce! bounce!