From:
KatKuckens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 14:39:53 EST
Sorry I have not reported on Becky's recovery.  Ever since I got the
unofficial version of AOL 4.0 from a friend, a LOT of my FMLs have arrived
printed in cuneiform, or I get two copies of the first half, or the second
half only, written in Martian.  Sigh.

Becky went from .82 lbs to 1.14 lbs in ten days!  She is snarfing regular
weasel food by the bowlful and actually finally weasel danced yesterday!
BTW, Bob Church and any other scientists, what exactly is .82 of a pound?
Does that mean 82% of 16 ounces, or does it mean 8.2 ounces?  If it's 82%,
why don't they just say 13.2 ounces?  Boy am I confused.  I bought a cute
kitchen scale, and it's marked in ounces up to 11 pounds, but only the
hatchmarks for 4 and 8 ounce increments are labeled.  I can't believe that
I'm too dumb to read it.  And I'm a teacher!  Grrrrrr.

Barb, your weasel songs are great.  And before I even read it, I had one
awful one pop into my head last week after a great milestone in Becky's
recovery.  It goes to the tune of "Jingle Bells." Normal poop, normal poop,
Becky's normal poop.  Oh what fun it is to scoop, Becky's normal poop.  Hey!

Finally, a word of helpful warning: I no longer think stress caused Becky's
diarrhea, weight loss, and liver failure.  After all, she was fine for the
first few days after I brought her home from the shelter, more than fine.
Friday I found some teeny tiny pink bead things in a cabinet that Becky had
been in.  The beads were potpourri beads, filled with some kind of scented
oil, meant to be steeped in simmering water.  I think she ate some and got
poisoned.  Thank goodness I noticed and got her to the vet and started the
forced feeding, etc.  Because I never would have known that she had eaten
anything weird.

Kat