From:
Glenn Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Mar 1998 13:16:51 -0700
>Real good group.  Let's all go on the attack and blast Marshal Farms.  Just
>when California's freedom fighters get an ally that has the money to spend
>to really help the ferret legalization effort there, ~we~ do-gooders have
>to start whacking at the hornet's nest.

The CA ferret people know why MF has entered the legalization battle (if
they actually have).  MF is probably wetting their pants at the pro$pect of
dumping thousands of kits into CA pet stores, scummy and otherwise.  But
that's going to happen anyway, whether MF spends a dime on legalization or
doesn't.

The only thing that might prevent that would be if the legalization
prohibits kits from being sold in pet stores, but all that means is that
backyard breeders would open shop all over the state and they more than
likely would be every bit as greed-rotted as MF, as well as hopelessly
unknowledgeable of breeding.

The CA people are weary of the long, bitter (and IMPO, lonely) battle to
make their fuzzies safe.  If my Chuki was in daily danger of persecution by
little tiny mentally impoverished defectives, I would bargain with the devil
to make him safe.  Let MF spend some money.  They got most of it from us.
But don't expect them to spend even one lousy dime on all the shelters that
are going to be needed to care for the inevitable wave of throw-a-ways that
will follow.

Glenn J.