From:
"Ferret Aid Society..." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Mar 1998 01:37:36 -0500
There has been a flu strain here in Toronto called the Sidney flu.  Most of
the ferrets here have it.  I too am starting to feel ill.  The symptoms are
diarrhea, not eating or drinking and listlessness.

Is there anyone out there who has beaten this bug?  In the past 7 hours,
3 of our ferrets here have become seriously ill.  By speaking to 1 other
ferret owner whose ferret had the bug, there is no antibiotic to combat
this bug.

We have over 30 ferrets here right now, and the young and VERY healthy don't
seem too affected by it.  However, the old and sick are very bad.  I am
trying to keep them hydrated and feeding them Timmy's and Dayna's goo, but
it's not working too well.  I have an appointment with the vet tomorrow
(today), but I'm not sure he'll know what to do either.

Has anyone out there experienced this?  Please tell me what to do and I will
do it.  My shelter babies are my world.

I have been feeding them every 2-3 hours and giving sub Q fluids every hour.
I just don't know what else to do.

Randy  [log in to unmask]

The Ferret Aid Society
http://home.echo-on.net/~magick