From:
Glenn Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 14:13:21 -0700
For what possible reason could anyone feel that MF should be above scrutiny?
Because they're a "family owned business"?  So is the mafia.  Because the
1994 investigation of their practices have now "been discredited"?
Discredited by who?  Where's the proof?

I doubt that any of the thousands of ferret lovers that have watched their
MF babies slip away from adrenal disease, the disease that has become
synonymous with MF, feel that MF is above scrutiny.  I've lost two MF babies
to adrenal disease, both had ovarian remnants.  The vet, a ferret surgeon,
said that can only result from premature spay, botched spay, or both.  MF is
well known for both.

For the benefit of those new to the world of ferret love, an investigative
report of MF practices can be found at
http://www.acmeferret.com/infobank/marshall.htm  and also at
http://www.acmeferret.com/info_toc.htm      (much other ferret info here, too)

As a personal effort, I will soon devote some web page space to MF, along
with appropriate urls.  I will also provide equal space to anyone that can
come up with concrete proof (anything that starts with "in my opinion"
doesn't represent proof) that anything in the MF investigation is untrue.

Lastly, I urge those who no longer post to the Fml, but may still read it,
to speak up and be heard on this matter.

Glenn Johnson
Chuki.........why are my little friends gone?