From:
blaraway <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 1998 10:08:17 -0500
To the person with the ferret the digs in, tries to move the litter box and
poops near the food.  Well I don't tie down my litter box and the ferrets
move it a little so they can see what's behind it.  I feel that you don't
need to tie the litter box down.  Don't clean the litter 100%.  Leave a some
dirty litter in the box.  this will slow down the playing in the box.  Once
your little one realize the box is for pooping and not for playing you can
clean it 100%.

Annon.  first ferret.  Dust and lint is no problem.  But make sure all
rubber, soft plastics, sponges, and other soft chewy stuff is always out of
reach from your ferret.  One of my ferrets even tried to chew the rubber
edge off the door mat.  No more door mat.

There seems to be more ferret deaths this post than in the past.  My heart
goes out to all of you.  I now how hard it is to let go.

To the child with the lonely ferret and parents that won't let you get
another one.  Sorry your parental type units won't let you get another
ferret.  Ferrets seem to bond with each other almost like people do.  They
seem to morn the loss of a cage mate.  My Sebastian would lay infront of the
front door for weeks after his cage mate died.  I guess he was waiting for
him to come back from the vets.  He never realy got over it.  He even had
another cage mate at the time.  Try playing a little more with him.  Lots of
hugs and lovin.  You can try this on your parents to.  Maybe convince them
to adopt an unwanted ferret at a shelter near you.  I don't know.  We adults
can a real pain in the butt.  Good luck.

On a to good subject.  I finally figured out how to ferret proof my kitchen.
Unfortunately that onion and grapefruit that Taz found in the vegie bin
didn't survive.  Poor vegies didn't stand a chance.  I think Taz was just
helping me get the Grapefruit ready for juicing, but I don't understand the
onion.  She had a ball pushing them around with her nose.  It's almost like
one of those toys.  She pushed them around till she hits the wall or what
ever and then backed them up and pushed till she hit something else.  She
played for hours back and forth.  I've never seen her play with any of her 4
to 10 dollar toys like she did with a 5 cent onion or 25 cent grapefruit.
To bad Mom doesn't think it's as amusing as I and Taz do.  Onion skin all
over the place.  It was realy funny to see Taz pull the onion out of a spot
by the little root ball on the end and walk around with it.  The onion was
almost half her size.  I didn't even shed a tear.

Well enough of rambling on.  Take care every one and I'll say a prayer for
all the lost ones.

 Brad, Donna, Taz the spaz, and Marie.

 Have you ever danced with a ferret under the light of a full moon? I have.