Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 2 Apr 1998 16:19:34 EST
From:
TROFEO91 <[log in to unmask]>
I had a very discouraging day in Lansing yesterday (April Fool's Day &
Mercury retrograde, too.  Tried to contact Senator David Jaye, hoping that
even the Senate is in recess until April 13, he might be in.  No luck.  Even
his legislative aide was out.  So I went to Senator Chris Dingell's office
and spoke with Joe O'Reilly, Sen. Dingell's Leg. Aide.  Sen. Dingell is on
the Hunting, Fishing & Ag Committee that Sen. Jaye chairs.  If you remember,
Sen. Dingell introduced his SB616 prior to Rep. Dehart's HB5219 (they both
say the same thing: 10 day quarantine) so he's been trying to convince Sen.
Jaye to take it up.  Rep. DeHart even wrote Sen. Jaye a letter asking him
to hear her bill and hasn't received a response.  There is a Committee
meeting scheduled for April 14, which would be perfect.  Unfortunately, Sen.
Jaye is not the least bit interested in HB5219.  He is concentrating his
efforts on some gun control bill.  I was told, too, that Sen.Jaye is only
interested in hearing from constituents in his District (District 12: Troy,
Clawson, Royal Oak, Madison Hgts, Berkley, Huntington Woods, Oak Park,
Ferndale, Pleasant Ridge, Hazel Park, Warren, Center Line, Sterling Heights)
regarding HB5219.  That's pretty sad when a State Senator does not wish to
acknowledge the total constituency of the state he represents.  Sen. Jaye
has a reputation of being belligerent.  He makes the Republican Party in
Michigan cringe.  I looked for some lobbyist friends that are always lurking
around, but everyone's out of town!  My last contact won't be in his office
until Monday.

It was a perfect conclusion to a anxiety ridden week when my little sable,
Beau, shut down Monday morning with a blockage and spent 2 days and 1 nite
with Dr. Mike.  Turned out to be a 1-inch square piece of heavy cellophane
tape.  Amoxycillin, Pepto Bismol and Duck Soup..... he's much better today,
thank you.

Take care
Dee
Beau & Nilla