Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 19:53:50 EST
From:
Stillkicn <[log in to unmask]>
I tried to respond about the Siberian Husky in private but mail bounced back
so I will put it here.  I have had ferrets for several years.  I also have
breed three different types of dogs,(cocker spaniels, siberian huskeys, and
beagles) I have found that the huskeys and cockers were well equipped to
handle life with ferrets, The important thing is to introduce them while the
pup is young and to give them plenty of supervised time for them to become
aquainted.  If you take the time they will become great friends.  Another
dog that I found to be good with ferrets was a german shepard.  I had one as
a pet and he would ride the ferrets around on his back, lt them hang on his
tail, and would even carry them around in his mouth without hurting them(yes
the ferrets let him).  It was an everyday occurance to find the dog asleep
in a corner covered with sleeping fuzzies.  I believe that any animal can be
trained to get along with others.  It just takes time and a lot of
SUPERVISED time with the animals together.  By the way, the huskeys used to
sleep with the cats and the ferrets, all in one big pile.  Talk about a fur
ball!!!!.

Thanks for letting me get my thoughts out there.

J.D. and the Ferret Patrol